09 September 2017 \\ Health Tips
It is as important how we eat as what we eat. To take the most out of your food try to:
- be calm and eat slowly - you need your parasympathetic nervous system to turn on for optimal digestion and peristalsis;
- eat local and organic - it is good for you, for local farmers and the environment;
- learn to cook and be creative, healthy food does not need to be boring;
- do not diet but make changes for life. no food is as bad for you as guilt or shame. if you eat something “wrong”, enjoy it, and go back to healthy eating with your next meal;
- do not overeat especially with your evening meal, it is ideal to have 12 - 14 hours in between your last meal and breakfast on the following day;
- enjoy your food, always!
The kind of food that will benefit you most will depend on your individual needs and condition, but it is hard to go wrong with lots of vegetables, moderate amount of good fats and minimal animal products.
Here is an example of foods to eat/eliminate that will boost your energy and immune system and can be safely adopted by most of us:
What to eat
What to drink
In small amounts or eliminate
Vegetables, all kinds, raw and cooked, especially:
Green leafy vegies
Start your day with a glass of warm water with lemon juice and honey, wait 30 min before breakfast
Herbs mixed for your individual needs by your herbalist, check with MD Clinic if you want to know more
Other herbal teas, e.g.
Spices of your taste
Fats and oils apart from those listed in column 1
Call us: 072 888 0864
From abroad: +46 72 888 0864
Marina Danilova 2016 © All Rights Reserved